In my first podcast...EVER...I find myself left to my own devices, in what is essentially just a test run.
Topics in this edition include:
*My longtime podcasting dream being fulfilled
*My love for "Doctor Who"
*My unorthodox love for WWE
*A strange dream from the previous night, including one of my most obscure fears being realized
Going back and listening to the finished product, I feel it important to make a few amendments, retractions, and other such post-show whatnot:
- I think it's pretty much a given that I need to practice not saying "uh" or "um" every five words.
- In the same vein, I need to slow down, no matter how passionate I may be about a topic.
- I'd like to apologize about my rant about prescription drugs. As I vaguely stated in said rant, I was speaking solely with regard to myself. I understand that some medications really do help some people, but seeing some of the negative effects they've had on some of my closest friends and family, I refuse to ever allow myself to be sold on the concept.
- There are a lot of incomplete thoughts in this episode, because I have a tendency to go on brief tangents and completely lose my place. Maybe with a guest or with some solo practice, I can focus better.
- The sound levels are still a bit wonky, but it's a work in progress.
- The ending line was unfortunate, but my brain just went dead...then again, such a thing sort of fits into the theme of the podcast, so I suppose it's vaguely excusable...for now.
Comments are appreciated and encouraged. With luck, there should be a subscription icon on the sidebar, so you can send me straight to iTunes.